Stuart Broad, Louis van Gaal v 'Fat Man' and Novak Djokovic v WW1 tank
1) Stuart Broad is the world’s No1 bowler after yet another of his JFK spells. ? Here are highlights of his , and here he is .
2a) Louis van Gaal makes a subtle observation . It’s not the first example of a manager ridiculing or having a pop at the press: there’s (the clip includes spectacular Tim Lovejoy hair), (whose side were struggling when they went out to FC Basel two weeks later). And – WARNING, EXPLICIT LANGUAGE – . Moving on to cricket, here’s Shane Warne channelling his inner David Brent:
2b) A reminder that football teams managed by Van Gaal were once rather exciting. And here’s a demonstration of the .
3) There’s explicit sexual innuendo and there’s .
4a) In bans-that-are worth-picking-up news, .
4b) RIP Glenn Frey, whose music accompanied .
6) Snooker is so damn hot right now, which is as good a reason as any to revisit this superb BBC documentary from 2010: .
3) . He still won, of course.
4) Max Verstappen drives an F1 car. .
Spotters’ badges: YorkerBouncer, whobroughtoranges, EbeneezerButtmunch, BlackCaeser, Calonlan, Vesuvial.
Guardian YouTube football channel
And the Guardian YouTube sport channel